SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shortthiing_jenn

build a 3 bedroom home for around $50,000

Shortthiing_Jenn
11 years ago

sorry if there is too much info or not enough
Block or wood framed home? shingle or metal roof?
My friend has 5 acres here in FL. Deed restricts mobile and modular homes. she and her husband want to know if it is at all possible to build a home that will be spacious enough for them and their 2 kids. they looked into prefab kits but the framing is mostly what those come with which wasn't the most costly part.ie cabinets, counters, interior drywall, exterior hardiboard or what ever is the cheapest. etc. when we built ours it was the finishing that cost the most. are there kits that include the finishing? my husband and I built ours in 2003 for $70,000? we did the work with the same group of friends who will be helping them. its a 1300 sq ft 1.5 story 3 bed room 2 bath Huge kitchen and living room all open that she LOVES becuase i have so many cabinets and lots of counter space lol metal roof and hardiboard wood framed home. I dont want to tell them to go for something becuase I did I want them to do it because it meets their needs and their pocketbook. they would like no less than a 1700sq ft home but i dont think they really know how big or small as long as the rooms are nice sizes and has plenty of storage i think even a 1400 is fine lol. we have friends who said they would help us contractors, framer, roofers, plumbers, and they will be pulling the permits and signing for us also making sure we are doing it correctly. its going to be a big group of friends and family helping so labor and contractor fees are not in the mix. this family needs something.they are in a single wide mobile home that needs a new roof and the floor has opened up in areas. There place now is on someone elses property and have no where else until they get something of their own built. they dont have much money or even good credit mostly becuase their oldest is 9 and Autistic he is in therapy and dr offices just about every week which they pay for. they dont get gov assistance
selling the property is a big no because they wont get much its values at $8,000 and cant be devided in our small town you can not get less than a 5 acre lot. an it has sentimental value not sure why but it just does lol.
they heard from so many people some say go for a block home some say stick to wood framed then someone told them shingles cost less but metal last longer. what are some of their options that look good will last and cost less? they want to know if its possible to build around $50,000 and meet their needs

Comments (3)