SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
laurensmom21_gw

would love feedback on this plan please!

laurensmom21
13 years ago

a couple weeks ago I posted the plan my designer drew up. Well, I had my meeting with him again this week and the plan below is what I came up with. I'm wanting to merge my plan with the left side of the Visbeen plan below (with the stairs leading up to the master & study, then having a room under that space which would be halfway between the basement and the above room - kinda like a tri-level type thing - does this make sense?)

So what do you think of this plan? I'd love some feedback. It's been a huge challenge finding a plan that doesn't have the great room in the middle. I'm using this dining room just as extra space as we won't really ever use it, but will be nice to have a big table for those few occasions that we would need it. I'm thinking built-ins on either side with a big transom over the door way entering the room. Then french doors exiting to the covered porch area in the back.

There is a half-wall separating the family room & kitchen with steps going down on either side. I'm envisioning a small built in banquette on the kitchen side of that wall.

I'm not sure whether to place the door to the screen porch in the family room area or in the hall/kitchen area. What do you think? The back hallway is just a quick mock up. It's currently about 2700sq ft and we haven't even added the 2nd story yet (we're shooting for 3000ish!) So I know it's too big, but these are just some ideas.

then the exterior would be similar to the visbeen ext. what do you think?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated it. TIA!

christy :)

Comments (16)