SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mtnfever

pls help w/ wall & floor colors

Would you please help with choosing wall and floor colors? And possibly tub surround and accent wall colors? I'd like the bath to be bright and cheery and colors must tie in with the white fixtures, chrome hardware, and sesame gold granite. Ideally, I would like the wall paint color to be neutral/whiteish with a tinge over to the green (maybe with undertones?? but I'm not sure that anything remotely greenish will work at all with the vanity top) as I'm trying to move the house over to more yellows and greens.

We're DIYing our guest bath to put in a whirlpool tub and well, it escalated from there: might as well remove the wall tile, floor tile, cultured marble... This bath has NO natural light and doesn't have very good artificial light either. We're going to try to add a can or two in the ceiling but not sure yet if that will work.

Things that aren't changing include layout, vanity, vanity color. The fixtures will be white and the hardware chrome. The granite vanity top is already bought in sesame gold so it isn't changing either. The tub surround is going to be solid surface Onyx Collection --thanks to GW for where I found out about it! Oh, and DH is putting in a small TV above the toilet for while he's soaking his arthritic bones in the morning.

Things that can change: I'm planning to do the wall behind the door as an accent wall in an amber-colored clay plaster, which will also be reflected in the mirror when you're at the sink with the door closed. This color or an offwhite is preferred since I already have enough for this small wall but I could go with a different color if needed. The tub surround I like in the Cappuchino color as shown in the last pic but this can change as it hasn't been ordered yet. I have many more Onyx samples if people think this one is lacking. The floor covering is going to be a very thin vinyl-top click floating floor--very thin being the key to help keep the transition to hallway smooth. I put all the available color samples in the pics but am leaning toward the darker with yellow undertone to contrast with the vanity but still complement the vanity color eg not the reddish undertone floor colors.

Here's the layout, a very basic full bath.

Here's the samples with the vanity in not-very-lovely lighting. Please ignore the blue painting tape and plastic drop cloth!

Here's the samples on the "accent wall" opposite the sink where hopefully the colors show up a bit better.

Thank you for reading through this very long post and thank you in advance for your color opinions!

cheers

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County