SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
frizzle71

What kind of shelves/bars do you have in your tub/shower combo?

Frizzle71
11 years ago

Hi everybody,

I'm finally about to have my small 'typical' master bathroom with a tub/shower combo remodelled.

The bathroom is 5x9 with the tub at the end of the room. It looks like this (this is not my actual bathroom):

This is a pic of the actual tile that I'm using for the walls (porcelain carerra marble look):

I've tried to find pics on Google, and I can't decide what to do.

All I know for sure is that I'm not going to have any niches or recessed shelves.

Should I put 2 (or 3) corner shelves in the back corner? or put them in the front corner by the faucet? Or maybe a couple in both corners?

Should I put the standard soap dish in the middle of the wall? Or don't do that and just have a soap dish sitting on one of the corner shelves?

Should I just get white shelves/soap dish, or try to find a carrera look that might match the tile?

I've also seen people put a metal grab bar on the wall in in various locations? Should I put one of those in? (I'm not that old and don't really need it to help get in and out of the tub).

Also, if you know of any good online or retail stores that I might find good shelves/soap dishes, please let me know.

Thank you!

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH