SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
maruha

Bertazzoni or Bluestar? Gas or Dual Fuel? (My brain hurts)

maruha
13 years ago

Okay, my brain hurts from thinking through all the options and all of the window shopping. I need some feedback please.

We are getting a gas range, not sure 30in or 36in. DH and I would like 36in, if I can squeeze an extra 6in out of our floor plan, but it may not work. While I'd love a Wolf, getting one would require really, really tightening or cutting back on other areas of our complete kitchen remodel, and I think there are other perks I'd prefer in my kitchen.

We are looking at the Bertazzoni, based on feedback on this site. We really liked it when we looked at it, and the fact that you get a free hood through June is a great bonus, as we need to get one too. One concern is that the ovens are smaller, and I bake and use the oven for several dishes a decent amount. I was considering getting a warming drawer or small second oven if I can find room in the floor plan, but don't want to count on this.

I am also considering Bluestar, also based on reading posts here. I noticed it only has gas ovens, and is manual clean only. The nearest Bluestar dealer is an hour away, so I'd need to make a trip.

Main questions-

-Gas versus dual fuel? Does an electric oven make that big of a difference? It sure makes a price difference to have dual fuel.

-Bertazzoni vs Bluestar?-Here's how the capacities differ:

Bertazzoni's 36in oven-3.6 cu feet (4.0 dual fuel)

Bluestar 36in oven-5.0 cu feet

Bertazonni 30in oven-2.9cu feet ( 3.4 dual fuel)

Bluestar 30in oven-

-Manual clean vs self clean? Only the Bertazzoni dual fuel is self clean. My current electric oven is original to the 1959 house, and once we decided to remodel, I gave up cleaning it. Am I gonna want to kill myself with manual clean on either brand?

Thanks!

Comments (10)