SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
michfbgal

Final Decision Time - Bluestar RCS vs Bertazzoni

michfbgal
9 years ago

This forum has been invaluable to me and I appreciate any input anyone might have on this issue. I'm starting a "refresh" of my early 1950s kitchen, keeping all of the original cabinets which are painted white. I currently have a cheap 30" electric range but there is 42" between the cabinets in that area so I have room for a 36" range and as I love to cook, the range is the first part of my kitchen refresh.

After much debate, I'm down to a Bluestar RCS and a Bertazzoni (either the Master Dual Fuel or Professional All Gas). If I was only concerned about form, I would certainly choose the Berta as I know it would look the best in my smaller kitchen, but this isn't simply a beauty pageant. My appliance dealer is all about the value of the Bertas, he didn't even know about the RCS until he called Bluestar. Despite this, my gut says that Bluestar is the better buy, even though there is cost difference (only about $500) and Berta's free hood offer (which I need).

I'm much more of a cook than a baker, but do use the oven and I'm sure the ovens in both are good. My big debate is the cooktop. While Berta has the one 18K burner and BS tops out at 15K, BS has all 15K (except the simmer) and Berta has varied burner sizes. Will I even notice the 3K difference since BS has open burners (if only the RCS still had an 18K burner)? I do think I like the idea of all the burners being the same size. While I'm usually only cooking for 1-2, I often make multiple pots of ragu, etc. at one time.

I'm excited to upgrade my cooking experience but which one would you choose? Are there any considerations I'm not taking into account? Thanks!

Comments (13)