SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
noniwilli

Help please! My GC abandoned property...I need advice!

noniwilli
15 years ago

Hi all!

You have been a great source of info for me, both through a couple of direct questions, and a lot of lurking! I have a new problem.

The background: I moved into our new construction (custom) the very beginning of December. We had previously had mounting problems with our GC, and our wish at the end was to get it over with...he was just lousy. We notified him during the walk through that there were excess building supplies, including windows, that he needed to get rid of. We are unclear on whether or not they were actually paid for by us...there is no "paper trail" on that. Ok, so we move in, with the clutter in the garage, and suffer through trying to fit our stuff along with his. In Jan, I reminded him of the materials. Fast forward to the end of Feb, and we still have everything...his sub was here, working, and told me that it was abandoned property. Fine! I thought I would sell the stuff..it is all sellable. Well, I got a call last week (March 12) about picking it up. The nerve! I asked for it to be cleared out in December....and I have put up with A LOT from the jerk.....

Now, what would you do? Thanks for your suggestions!

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths