SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gobruno_gw

Does house fatigue happen to everybody?

gobruno
14 years ago

I am, like so many of us on GW, a person who loves all things about houses. But lately, I am seriously so sick of it all! I didn't think it was possible, a person like me who lives, eats, and breathes HGTV, and has planned the build of our house for as long as I can remember, but honestly, I don't want to deal with another house issue for awhile! We are about 2 months from completion and I have gotten so lost in details, second guessed myself so many times, corrected mistakes, made a million decisions (some of them twice bc the original one didn't work out), talked to way too many people about this house, researched a zillion and one sources for everything from cabinet knobs to dentil blocks, visited a million showrooms, etc., that I've gotten to the point that when somebody asks me something about the house, I just want to say, do whatever, I don't care! Now that we are so close to moving in, I wonder if I'm going to even like this house that I have dreamed about for years. Has this happened to anybody else? I am calling it house fatigue.

Comments (31)