SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
myfirstbuild_deepsea

Starting my project (help me plan)

Hello,

So I have some ideas. But I need help, Bringing them to real life. I will tell you some of my thoughts and perhaps you can guide me into the right direction.

I have not decided where i would like to purchase a lot. I am trying to begin this project keeping in mind i have about 50k to get this idea to a point where its safe to save up or potentially live in the dwelling I am thinking of. Even if it means sleeping in a tent or hammock to save for supplies to get to the next phase.

I am really interested in Foundations and have invested some time to study in soil mechanics in engineering practices and i have learned a little of the basics of foundation construction. I am 27 years old serving in the US Navy so Earn a basic housing allowance which allows me to have a steady monthly deposit on materials.

Here is my idea. I find a lot an hour out from the base that i work to ensure i am getting a reasonable value. I have been looking at large car ports but i have not fond the exact size that i am envisioning; to fill you in i am thinking of a 70' by 70' open steel framed car port if you can imagine that. but before that purchase and the installation of the car port i would have identified a lot with a suitable place to install a foundation. i would camp and live at this lot where i would begin construction.

okay i think that is enough information and any one with the experience i believe can start giving me pieces of advice here and there. i will let the forum go to work and i will take everyones advice very seriously and immures myself in the counsel you fine folks give me.

thank you in advance and god bless.

Comments (7)