SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
yoyopa

Report on appliances recently installed -Blue Star, Gaggs, et. al

yoyopa
15 years ago

Finally, appliances are in. Only cosmetic finishing remains. But I can cook again! It's only been a week but so far, so good:

Gaggenau Combi-Steam - LOVE IT. I cannot believe how it delivers a discernibly better food. The vegetables don't need oil, butter or any dressing; Grougeres were as good as those I was served at No. 9 Park in Boston recently; fish was moist; potatoes crisp yet buttery - I can't wait to try bread. I LOVE THIS MACHINE!

Prestige pyramid hood - after a nightmare with installation over the wrong parts being shipped as well as different fabricators resulting in uncompatibility between the hood and chimney, meaning extra costs paid to my contractor who spent extra time spinning his wheels trying to install when Prestige was insisting "nothing was wrong" until they admitted it was their error, I have to say it is a GREAT hood: powerful and I love the control - not just a 'slow, medium, high' speed machine.

Liebherr 30" built-in. Smart Design and beautiful machine. Love the smaller ice cubes and am watching to see how much longer the food keeps.

Blue Star 30" RNB range - INCREDIBLE! I was hesitant given recent posts but this machine delivers power at its highest (blackening steak was awesome) and nuance in the simmer (Sunday tomato sauce simmered all day). Hopefully, I'll feel the same years from now. And it looks great too in its Hermes orange (lol).

Gaggenau electric oven is working beautifully. Have not yet tried the rotisserie. It is accurate and has lots of options.

Bosch dishwasher - always had Bosch and it continues to please.

Blanco sink with Kohler evoke faucet fit beautifully.

GE Monogram trash compactor - delivered damaged. Waiting for replacement. Had a KitchenAid before. Now that the GE has a charcoal filter and because of the design, I went with the GE Monogram - I hope it's a durable and functions as well as my former Kitchen Aid.

I have my dream kitchen. So what if I drive a 1991 Subaru with 186,000 miles - everyone has their own indulgences!

Comments (5)