SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ash6181

Help with bathroom lighting selections

ash6181
11 years ago

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to pick out lighting for our new build, and I'm at a standstill on our master bath lighting. I'm hoping you all will offer some opinions to help me make up my mind.

Info on the bathroom: We're using limestone tile and will have a medium to dark stained vanity. The vanity will not be ornate, I tend to like simpler lines for furniture and cabinets. The countertop will be some sort of stone. I guess the overall feel I'm going for is a nice hotel bathroom, spa like, and soothing. We need a light/chandelier for over the tub and sconces for each side of our two mirrors (4 sconces total). In addition, we'll also have a can over the shower.

I already have these mirrors.

I have two options for the over the tub chandelier.

Option 1, the Robert Abbey Bling chandelier.

With this chandelier, I think I have two sconce options.

Sconce 1, the Bryant sconce from Circa

Sconce 2, Robert Abbey the Muses Collection

Option 2 for the chandelier is a capiz chandelier. This one is from West Elm...I'd like slightly larger capiz chandelier , but haven't found one yet that's just right in a larger size. But this gives you a general idea.

With the capiz chandelier, I think the following sconces might work.

Sconce 1, The Circa Bryant sconce above.

Sconce 3 , the Sutton sconce from Restoration Hardware

Sconce 4, the Mercer sconce from Pottery Barn

Sconce 4, fluted shade sconce

I'm thinking that the Robert Abbey bling chandelier and the Robert Abbey the Muses sconce coordinate well and go with the mirror. But, I wonder if they would make things too "fancy". Maybe more casual accessories and a simple vanity would help?

I also like the capiz chandelier option, and think it is a more casual look. However, I'm not sure the capiz options work as well with the mirrors. I'm willing to use the mirrors somewhere else, though, if they don't work out in the master bathroom.

Help! What do you think? What coordinate best with each other? I'm open to suggestions on other sconces or chandeliers, also.

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022