SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
arewethereyet_gw

Looking for encouragement....

15 years ago

Hi guys. Numerous times I have read about others' disappointments, and have not had a turn. Well, it found me.

I had found Danze Opulence shower trim kits in my price range (YAY!), and was about to purchase when DH says that I need to check if that's compatible with the shower valve that the plumber put in. Did I mention that they are finishing drywall this week? So yeah, my plumber installed a Delta universal rough shower valve in the wall without checking with me at all. Now, I cannot have any other brand of shower trim kits without ripping open the drywall and pulling that shower valve.

At first, I was mad. Then I was bummed. Then I tried to pull myself up and go find another trim kit to love, one made by Delta. I went to Lowes today and looked at their catalog. I couldn't find anything that I liked as much as the Danze. And the Lowes guy was really rude to me (humph!). I know that I might sound silly to some, and that someday it won't matter, but I'm still jonesin'.

So, do any of you have a Delta that you love and can post pics? Does anyone have a feel good story of getting over it? Or, maybe you think that I should go through the hassle of ripping out the drywall and change the valve to have the Danze. Help me out here!

Comments (8)

Sponsored
M&Z Home Services LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Established Home Remodeling Expert Since 2012