SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
teriziegler

Beetle Kill blue pine disappointment

Teri Ziegler
5 years ago

Has anyone tried white washing beetle kill Blue Pine? Would that technique help this wood look better? I'm so disappointed in how dark it's turning out.
When we were looking for wood for our ceiling which runs across the loft and great room and deck, we decided on beetle kill Blue Pine. When we were looking at the showroom display and online we saw this beautiful wood that we thought would look good for our ceilings. We had it delivered and when they started installing it I realized it was going to be a lot darker than any of the wood we had seen when we were looking at it before building. I don't know if it's just a lot of dark batches that we happened to get, but I am so unhappy with the way is turning out. I envisioned my dream house having the pretty wood we saw when we were searching for ideas like the first two pictures. Never at any time in the showroom or peoples pictures online did I see the wood look this dark and ugly. I don't think there's anything I can do at this point, because we purchased the wood already and it's being installed. If I knew that down the road it could be whitewashed and look pretty, I could live with it until then. I'm not sure what I can or should do if anything. Don't even know if you guys can help me, I guess I'm just looking for encouragement. I feel sick about this.

Comments (62)