SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cmm6797

Granite installed with problems- need advice

cmm6797
12 years ago

Our countertops were installed yesterday and we noticed a handful of problems, some minor, some not so minor. I'm hoping to get opinions as to what is acceptable.

First, we had a marble island installed. They applied sealer before they left. It looked streaky but I figured it would dry. This morning it's still streaky. This I know is a major problem. I'm looking for encouragement that this can be fixed, even if it means rehoning.

The black granite counterop has a seam that is very good (almost invisible) at one edge, but the rest of it is a much lighter color and wider. Should we expect this can be fixed?

The sink is an undermount. Around one side you can feel and see the glue , epoxy, whatever it is, where it's attached to the granite. This is on the side of the sink closest to where you stand, so it's not visible unless you bend over into the sink to look at it. But it seems like a messy job to me.

Therr are other minor issues....The granite along one edge of sink is slightly grayer. Looks like it's been scraped by whatever they use to cut the sink out. This is something I don't think we'll notice as we start using the kitchen.

I'm trying to be reasonable about what we'd like them to fix, so hoping yu all can tell me if these issues are reasinable or not. (The marble I KNOW has to be fixed.)

Thank you!

Comments (15)