SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pacific_flights

Before and after photos from rookie tile setter

pacific_flights
13 years ago

Hi Everyone!

First off I would like to thank you all for helping me with this tiling project. I didn't post many questions, but found this forum to be a great research tool. In fact I would probably go as far as to say that I learned how to tile from reading this forum. Thanks Bill and Mongo :)

The remodel involved demo'ing the old shower (which leaked into the basement) and the strange cupboard above the closet, which really served no purpose other than to make the ceiling in the shower painfully low. It turned out that the tile was attached to drywall, which had completely rotted away. Demo was easy. Once the first hole was made in the tile, the rest came off in my hands. I also found a nail in a pipe. Hmmm, wonder who put that there.

After doing all of my research, the tiling part was pretty easy. The crown molding was another story. But with a little wood filler and paint it looks almost perfect.

Thought I would share a couple of before and after shots. It's hard to get good pictures of such a small bathroom. Thanks again!

Jenny

Comments (15)