SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
misslucinda

diy HUBBY driving me nuts!

misslucinda
16 years ago

Look, I am a garden person but since this forum is here the worst that can happen is no one responds.

My husband, I think to punish me for my decision not to pay for the project entirely by myself, demolished an upstairs bath about 17months ago. Oh, wonder of wonders, we now have plywood on part of the floor and wonderboard 1/4th of the way around the shower and partially up on the toilet and pedastal sink wall. In parts there are gaps where between the wall wonderboard and where the ceiling plaster re-begins. There are also gaps between the wonderboard and other wonderboard on the toilet/sink wall. Yikes.

The real tickler is that our home is an 1850's farmhouse.

Here are some quick issues. The husband thinks that 3/4" plywood with wonderboard over it is enuf for 12"x12" tumbled marble tiles because our joists are closer than newer construction (don't ask, i forget). Further, he thinks we should do the walls (subway tile) first, before the floor (Whaaaaa?)

Also, seems there is a gap between the plaster and the wonderboard between the ceiling and walls?????

Thats enuf for now.

Thanks for direction,

Patricia

Comments (10)