SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mom2emall

Excuses drive me nuts!!

mom2emall
14 years ago

So bm has not called in 8 months now. She moved out of state at some point during that, we only knew this because her family told us. Anyways bm's mom sent me an e-mail the other day saying that the reason her dd has not called the children lately is because bm asked her for our # and she forgot to get back to her with it!?! (one of their relatives calls frequently and I mentioned to her how long it had been since bm called-they called grandparents to see what the heck was going on with bm)

So since the grandma e-mailed my personal e-mail I responded. I told her that the apology was not necessary from her. I told her I thought her dd should apologize to the children because she had all our #'s at one point and our home # is listed. So a quick internet search would have given her that info. I also pointed out that it has been 8months and there is really no excuse in my mind for that much time to go by before trying to get phone #'s.

Then I let emotion get the best of me and began listing all the holidays and sport/school events bm did not partake in with the kids while living here. I also told her that I felt very wierd being in the position to say all this, but that the only time her dd had been consistant in the children's lives since I have been in the picture is while she had to move in with her own parents. I told her that I thought her and her hubby and other relatives were wonderful to the children. And I told her that her dd has really always been kind to me, but that I dislike what she has been doing to the children.

Now I am kind of feeling like maybe I should not have responded to the e-mail. I feel like what will happen is bm will call once or twice so she can tell her parents she did it. Then she will go right back into not calling. OR maybe she will be consistant in contacting the kids for a few months. But either way I feel that it will be short lived and really do more harm than good. Ugghhh....

And on a side note I am wondering what the state is doing about the welfare fraud since we gave them a copy of the custody order.....A few people have told me that the state may not do anything!

Comments (4)