SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
catherinet11

my cat is driving me nuts, bonkers, insane!!

catherinet
15 years ago

HI ya'll.

If you remember my cat was sick awhile back and an enema at the vets helped. He had a really bad hairball and throwing up problem. We changed his food to mostly soft stuff (Friskees, then Fancy Feast, and now Iams). He's lost a fair amount of weight (which he needed to). I realize now that he was getting way too much dry Purina Cat Chow. Everybody in the family kept feeding him, whenever his bowl was empty, and he was getting too much.

Okay, so we've gotten somewhat of a handle on his hairballs, and he only throws up occasionally, at which time we give him a couple days of olive oil and he improves.

Anyhow......ever since we've cut back on his binge-eating, he's been crying. I expected it at first, since all he did in life was eat and sleep. But it hasn't stopped for months.

We feed him small amounts, because he didn't eat it all, and then when it gets the slightest bit dry, he won't touch it.

We we feed him early morning, noon, dinner, and give him small amounts of hard food inbetween, as snacks.

All day long, he cries for more food. I know that's all he wants, because whenever I come out of any room, or get up from a chair, he gets up and gets in front of me, and runs to the back room (where his food bowl is).

No matter what I do, where I turn, what chair I get out of, what room I come out of........he's running to the back room!!! I fluctuate between absolute frustration and laughing my head off. What is his problem???????

Some days I'm almost in tears because HE WON'T STOP CRYING and running back to his room, no matter what little movement I make.

I can't live like this!!!!

I love him so much, but I think he needs some medication. lolol. Why won't he stop wanting to eat all the time???

There have been times that he cries and runs back there, and I give him some great food, and he doesn't touch it, but goes and lays down and falls asleep.

What can I do??? Is he just totally neurotic? (gee....I hope he didn't catch that from me. hahaha)

Comments (12)