SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kfroddy

Best Way to Install Marble Mosaic Shower Floor?

kfroddy
14 years ago

We ordered mosaic carrara marble tile for our shower floor (subway carrara for the walls), and I want to make sure our contractor installs it correctly. Other than Kerdi (which our contractor is not familiar with) are there other suitable ways to install it?

I'm particularly concerned because I just read through the very very long string of emails on johnbridge.com regarding a problem someone had with dark spots on a marble mosaic floor caused by moisture being trapped behind the marble. The cause of this had everyone stumped, and the installer, Bill Vincent, truly went above and beyond to fix the problem. Bill, if you're reading, what was your final conclusion (besides never to use marble in a shower) as to the best way to install this kind of tile flooring in a shower? If not using Kerdi, what should I make sure my contractor does to avoid the problem. Many thanks in advance for being so honest and available to answer everyone's questions -- you've helped so many people with your posts.

Comments (2)