SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
redrange

Ruby Red BlueStar finally in! And a couple questions...

redrange
17 years ago

At long long last our Ruby Red 48" RNB BlueStar range with griddle was installed on Friday. I love how it looks, and you can see in the photo that I obviously love bright colors. The backsplash isn't in yet (it'll be blue and white Dutch-style tiles and a big iron Victorian overmantel mirror) and the soapstone hasn't been oiled, but it's getting easy to see what the finished product will look like.

For you BlueStar owners out there, I have a couple questions.

1) I've tried to turn on my griddle but nothing seems to happen. No clicking sound, no sound of gas coming out. I get nervous and turn it off. I'll call BlueStar on Monday to see what's up, but if any of you have advice I could use over the weekend I'd appreciate it.

2) My manual says nothing about an initial burn-off time for the ovens, but I've seen people here mention one - something like an hour at 250 degrees, then several hours at 500. I turned on one of the ovens to make sure it worked and hoo boy, even with just a few seconds of being on there was light smoke and stink. As we don't yet have the handles installed on our windows, or the motor in the vent hood, I shut it off. So, I just wanted to hear other people's experiences with the burn-off period.

Thanks!

Now let's see if I can get the photo to post:

{{gwi:1395375}}

Comments (26)