SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
na_praha

Finished marble family bath with marine-inspired touches

na_praha
13 years ago

Many, many moons past the scheduled end date, our tiny family bath renovation is complete. Our house is a 1925 Baltimore rowhouse, so we kept it period- and neighborhood-appropriate, sticking to big box and online sources to keep costs in check.

There are definitely things I'd do differently, like fighting for our shampoo niches, which the contractor nixed as too time consuming. The grout is darker than we'd asked for, but I've grown to like it. We also had radiant heat floor mats installed, and they take at least 45 minutes to warm up, so are sort of useless (though I've read you can hook them up to a programmable thermostat to avoid waiting around). And we need to raise the vanity pendants, because the medicine cabinet door bumps the left one and shorts it out. But all in all we're very happy. Many thanks for all the inspiration from these boards, especially to Yillimuh, who consulted on the IKEA Godmorgan vanity. More photos are on my blog, linked below.

Sources:

Vanity, towel hardware, eye chart: IKEA

Faucet: Danze Parma

Medicine Cabinet: Kohler Archer

Vanity Pendants: Target.com

Toilet: Kohler Cimarron

Tub: Kohler (Home Depot in stock)

Tub filler: Price Pfister (can't recommend - the finish gets spotty immediately and it's not nearly as adjustable as the Danze Parma)

Floor tile: Home Depot

Bath field tile: Home Depot 12x12 marble cut down to 6x12

Small square trim tile: ebay

Bullnose tile: Home Depot

Open shelving: custom

Overhead light: salvaged

Paint: Martha Stewart Living Bakery Box White

Here is a link that might be useful: More photos on butimeanwell.blogspot.com

Comments (12)