SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wi_sailorgirl

Bathroom a design departure from the rest of the house?

wi-sailorgirl
14 years ago

We are in the process of finalizing plans for an upstairs renovation that includes adding a second bathroom to our house. We are considering this a "master bathroom" although it will not be attached to a bedroom, rather have common access through a hall.

We live in a small cottage and I'd say the overriding style in the house is fairly beachy and casual. I'm not a huge fan of modern decor, except in a bathroom. I love clean-lined spalike bathrooms devoid of clutter.

At this point I'm leaning toward a very modern bathroom with a glass shower surround, maybe bamboo cabinetry, modern tiles and fixtures, etc. I'll be the first to admit that has basically nothing to do with what is going on in the rest of our house.

I know rooms are supposed to "flow," especially in small houses, but part of me is inclined to say "it's my house, I'll do what I want" but at the same time I don't want to regret these design decisions and be wanting to redo the bathroom 10 years down the road.

Resale is not a factor because I hope to live in this house until the day I die.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
J.S. Brown & Co.
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Columbus Leading Full Service Design Build Firm