SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pasigal

Fisher & Paykel fridge, 1 month so far...

16 years ago

We picked up a F&P fridge a month ago, for $1,300 delivered/taxes at P.C. Richard here in NYC. Don't recall the model right now, but it's their less-expensive one, in smooth white (SS was same price, I think). Stated capacity is about 18 cubic feet. Seemed more spacious to me, though.

Anyway, very happy so far. The bottom freezer is very well designed, with 2 large drawers with dividers separated by a thin ice tray. The main fridge has a wide range of adjustable shelves, and storage for half-gallons in the door. Looks nice and tidy, quality seems to be as good or better than equivalent "name" brands like GE. Easy to adjust the legs to accommodate our uneven floor.

Drawbacks: As some have noted, the compressor motor isn't whisper-quiet. Not really intrusive, but you can definitely hear it. Also, the door isn't perfectly aligned, although I'm pretty certain that's due to our kitchen floor sloping, then loading up the door with condiments, milk, juice, beer bottles etc. I'd have to unload, then set fridge on level surface to find out...

We also haven't been able to find an undershelf bottle holder for wine, but I haven't really looked around, either, Perhaps another brand might work.

All in all, a good mid-priced, mid-sized unit that has a really small footprint. Wide is only 31.5 inches for a 90-deg. swing out; depth is 27 inches. Height is 66 inches. I'd recommend it for a small kitchen or apt. as I don't believe you can find a larger capacity unit with a smaller footprint.

Comments (3)