SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
luckygal1

finally a bit of Valentine decor

luckygal
14 years ago

Finally got inspired to put together a Valentine vignette. Not sure if this will stay long, depends what I do in other areas but thot I'd post it anyhow. Wish I had done this when my red flowers were fresh but when I get more things will change. I do have some silk flowers so could use them. We'll see, I'm sure many of you understand "tweaking" arrangements! ;-) I just shopped my house for all this stuff.

This is on my kitchen sideboard which is my fav place to decorate - big surface and very visible in my house. I've once again used my huge tray to contain things. It's black the same as the sideboard. The cloth is a Christmas one embroidered with gold stars but I'm ignoring that little detail! The white candle holder on the left was originally a really ugly *orange* color, probably dated from the 70's and a cheap YS find that DH painted for me. It makes a good riser.

The red boxes on the cake server are handy for candy-filled gifts. Have to get those ready to send soon. The little white ceramic dove on top is also a Christmas deco I've had for years. Couldn't seem to get a clear pic of it, I'm still having "issues" with my camera.

{{gwi:1404830}}

Here's a little flying angel holding a heart. I've had her for years and like it even tho it's kinda "country".

{{gwi:1404831}}

One of my Brown Bag cookie molds - a heart with cupid. I used these at Christmas also, just changed the ribbon.

{{gwi:1404832}}

Another BB cookie mold, a dove.

{{gwi:1404833}}

I also used these gold plaques at Christmas - have a set of 4 but only kept out the L O V E one. Hanging in front of it is a Kosta Boda heart, one of several I bot in Europe over 30 years ago as Christmas decorations.

{{gwi:1404834}}

These 2 red hearts have DH's and my names on the other side. Have to be anonymous on the net so I've turned them over! ;-)

{{gwi:1404835}}

Only have about 3 more places I hope to decorate so I'd better get busy!

Comments (10)

Sponsored
More Discussions