SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
helpmyhome_gw

Master Bath remodel - the good and the bad

helpmyhome
13 years ago

We finally finished our new Master Bath (well, almost. I still need a window treatment). I thought I'd share some things that went well, and some that didn't.

The good:

The drain for the shower was positioned right on top of a floor beam, so my contractor wanted to push the whole wall out 4". Instead, I came up with the idea of creating a 4" shelf in the shower (I have to admit, I got the idea from reading about "Shampoo shelves" on this forum!). This way, the bathroom wall stayed even, and I love, love, love my shelf!

The bad:

I planned on having a frame-less glass shower enclosure, but when it came time to measure for the glass (the last thing of course), I found out that it's not safe to have a frame-less glass door attached to a glass panel. You really need it to be attached to a wall or frame. So I had to settle for framed glass. Oh well. If I had known, I would have had the contractor build a small wall where the left glass panel is now. (Note that I couldn't attach the door to the existing wall because of the baseboard heater in the way)

Overall, I love our new bathroom

Well, here are the photos:

{{gwi:1400652}}
{{gwi:1400653}}
{{gwi:1400654}}
{{gwi:1400655}}
{{gwi:1400656}}

Comments (11)