SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
weekendrehabwarrior

Up cycle some roofing to the bath? Good or Bad?

Ok, so this is a cabin remodel from the 1940's that required a new roof and a small addition. That rolled into new walls, the electrical was bad, new insulation and pretty much gutted and new. Ok, so the floor in the bathroom was redone with some stone, the face of the bathtub with a synthetic brick product, and now the bath is looking like a model home.... really.... need to keep some old look in here. Took the old roofing off from the remodel. Amazing worn painted galvanized metal roofing and it would look amazing in the shower. So, green board up, and tile the wall that has the plumbing, can we do this? Is this the worst idea ever? We are going to put more roofing screws in the existing holes, and put flashing under....... can this be done? in an old cabin in a super dry environment in central California? Snow in the winter, dry in the summer. Always has a fire burning in the house? Where is my fail going to come into play? Help me before I spend another weekend tearing out my fail. What do you think? Oh yah, the 100 year old rebar thats going in the wall as the shower curtain rod and the amazing custom cabinets from Fox Den Decor (found on Houzz) make it amazing!!!! Mold? Water? where is my fail? ( yes these photos are from the prelook.... meaning there is no green board up, and yes, we are going to add a flashing and bump out the wall on the left and add flashing......) My husband endulges my whims, just hoping this one doesn't fail? ( if it does, yes I can put some stone tile up and make it look new... thats just not my idea of cool....)

Thanks for any input....

Weekend rehab warrior

Stephanie

Comments (23)