SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynninnewmexico

New WInter DIshes & Tablescape!

lynninnewmexico
15 years ago

You all are such bad, bad, crafty (wonderful, fun) enablers! You'd gotten me so excited about setting a nice post-Christmas "Winter" table that I've been searching since New Years for the perfect pieces! I found one, Lauren Ralph Lauren's Mandarin Blue, but it was way too expensive for what I wanted. Then, just the other day I found the perfect set at Target. It's called Medallion and I love it! To me, it makes a great Winter table but will look equally good set for dinner on a warm Summer's evening.

Last night I used it for the first time. DH and DD loved it . . . and DH wasn't the least bit mad at me for buying yet another bunch of dishes, thank goodness! BTW, DH does NOT like a centerpiece in the middle of the table while we're eating, so I put ours down past the plates. We have a super-long (9 1/2 ft) dining table anyway, so this works fine for us. Anyhoo, I'm still working on my tablescape skills, but here it is. Any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated.

Lynn

I'm using my Mercury glass candleholders in the middle of the table. Gosh, I love them! Used my good crystal water and wine glasses. Some dressier napkins would be better here, although these will do nicely in Summer with my blue-rimmed Mexican (casual) glassware. I'll look for new ones next time I'm down in town. My serving pieces are silver and I used my crystal and silver bowls and platters for the food, but didn't take any pics of them.

{{gwi:1403320}}

{{gwi:1403321}}

I cut up a "icy branch" garland a few years ago to decorate a crystal tree and that's what I'm using here for my centerpiece:

{{gwi:1403322}}

A close-up of my Winter Deer ice bucket, set on a silver cake plate and repurposed as a vase for my Winter table.

{{gwi:1403324}}

The entire set from Target's website:

{{gwi:1403326}}

Comments (18)

Sponsored
More Discussions