SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynninnewmexico

More New Dishes

lynninnewmexico
14 years ago

This one is totally Kathleen's fault ;^D

I was shopping in town the other day, looking for white dressy plates for my White on White table and came across these beauties on clearance at Marshalls. Emily and her girlfriends are off playing tennis today and DS is back at grad school, meeting with his thesis committee, so I have a few hours (finally!) to play with all my new stuff. I'll try to remember where I've stashed it all and set up a few tables to show you.

I must have been in a summer morning mood, because I thought these would be perfect for a quiet little Summer's morning breakfast. My usual weekday breakfast is a scone, hot tea, yogurt (the covered white bowl), juice and a piece of fruit. I didn't care for my white linen or lace tablecloths with these dishes. I wanted to keep it simple and sweet.

{{gwi:1427061}}

White plates are from Roscher, their "Juliet" collection. I got just four of these for $2 each.

{{gwi:1427062}}

The pale blue (the color is soft and luscious IRL) are also from Roscher, their "Enchanted Lines" collection. I bought four @ 2.99 each.

{{gwi:1427063}}

I found the pale blue quilted placemats at TJ Maxx after Easter, on sale for $2 each. I did finally buy some new flatware. White ones. Got them at TM last month, hid them in the pantry and forgot all about them until yesterday! My sweet little painted iron bird has been sitting on my MBR foyer chest for a many years now. I found him at this cute little store in Albuquerque, The Red Geranium. Love him!

I've had the "wicker" grape pitcher for many years now. I found it at an antique & consignment shop. It's not an antique, but I do love to use it on my Summer tables whenever I have the chance.

{{gwi:1427064}}

I was gifted with the antique syrup pitcher & plate from a dear girlfriend of mine, from her own (major) antique collection. Apparently it's very old and valuable. I can't remember the details, but it's hand-painted, made by "Tillowitz", with "R&S" above it. It's signed by a "J. Glover". It makes me a nervous wreck to use it, so it usually sits safely in my dining room hutch. It's looking more gray in this pic, but it's really white with a soft blue and I sometimes use it for a creamer, although Fran tells me it's really for syrup.

{{gwi:1427065}}

My tea cup & saucer are also hand-painted and signed "Phippen". I have no idea how old they are. I bought them at a little antique & gift shop in Michigan where we vacation every year. I just like them.

{{gwi:1427066}}

The silk flower arrangement usually sits on a table in our MBR, by the reading area. I've had it for years now and never tire of it. I am such a Cottage person at heart!

Lynn

Comments (11)

Sponsored
More Discussions