SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lambie_gw

BlueStar RCS help?

lambie
13 years ago

Hello,

The other day I purchased the 36" BlueStar RCS366BCN range from Costco, it was a great price. I was giddy until I opened the box and read the documentation; it turns out the Costco and BlueStar websites are inaccurate; they clearly state that the range possesses one 18,000 BTU burner, but it turns out that my range only has 15,000 BTU burners all around.

I asked Costco and they were clueless about it, so I called the local BlueStar distributor to see if they knew anything. The confirmed that all the RCS ranges that are sold in BC are shipped with 15,000 BTU burners. But he also told me that a conversion kit to 18,000BTU can be purchased from the manufacturer directly and installed by a professional.

I called BlueStar directly; they told me they indeed have the kit but they can't ship it to Canada. And told me to contact the distributor/retailers in my area. I called the local retailer they told me they can't sell me the conversion kit because I didn't purchase my range from them. The distributor was no help either; they don't deal with individual customers. So basically I'm screwed... Is my only choice to pay for shipping a 400 pound range back to Costco to return it?!

Any advice?!?!

Comments (32)