SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
woodsidecooks

New BlueStar RCS Report

Justine Reese
9 years ago

I owe this board a post about my final decision/new stove, since I got so much help here during the couple of months that I debated which stove to get. And, there aren't all that many posts about RCS stoves, mostly about RNB, so I want to help out any of you who are considering the RCS.

I was debating between the American Range Performer, Blue Star RNB and Blue Star RCS because we wanted not digital displays and a big oven. I ended up deciding on the BlueStar RCS, and had it installed two weeks ago. I chose BlueStar over AR because it's slightly smaller and I have a small kitchen, and I liked the look of the cooktop better. I went with RCS over RNB because i thought it would be enough power for me, and couldn't justify spending the extra $$ for the few times when I'd be wishing I had more power. I am very very happy with my decision- and on both of those fronts. During installation we realized we wouldn't be able to have the stove flush against the wall because of the fridge water line, so it needed to stick out about 1 inch, which would have been a bigger issue with the deeper American Range, and I have found that the burners are great, plenty of heat for me, way more than I need for most of my cooking. The simmer is perfect, the burners go quite low. The oven has been good- the bottom panel does indeed get hot, but it doesn't bother me. Overall the stove feels very sturdy and well-made, I think some of the posts on here might give the feeling that it's flimsy in some way, but it really is not. I'm very happy with my decision.

Happy to answer any questions.

Comments (19)