SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nbptmomto3_gw

Masone Master Bath Remodel

nbptmomto3
14 years ago

OK, our bathroom will be completely gutted in the next few weeks so and this is the design plan for the new one.

Plans include 18" "crema marfil" porcelain tile on the diagonal for the floor, same tile but 12x12 in the shower, accented with travertine mosaics (see below), unsure of shower floor - considering travertine 3x3s or pebbles (opinions please), vanity top, linen top, bench seat and tub deck is 3cm crema marfil. Cabinets will be dark stained cherry "Dynasty" wood top with glass over for the make-up table

My biggest problem right now is trying to find a tub that will fit and will look the way I'm envisioning. I'd like a simple oval tub, drop-in with a radius deck/surround. The deck facade tiled in travertine mosiac 1x1s and the top Crema Marfil slab. I intended it to be a separate tub, centered under the window, NOT connecting to the shower (it would ruin the oval radius that I'm trying to acheive). Problem is, I can't find a 60x30 tub. We taped out a 60x36 and it's just too encroaching (on the shower door opening, make-up table). OK, I found a 65x 30 which helps but it's still not great.

I am willing to change the tub look if it made sense. My husband suggested increasing the width of the shower and adding a neo-angle door, thus connecting the shower to the tub (possibly using the same slab for the shower bench? I don't know. I think if I gave up the oval tub I'd have a much easier time finding a smaller one. (I'm 5'3 and 110lbs and I feel like I'm going to float away in my current 64" long tub)

Please tell me if you think I could/should connect the tub/shower and add an angled door. This will be a tiled steam shower so it needs a good seal. I have no idea what the glass guy will say about it.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor