SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
derekgw

Bosch DW Cycles (Norm,Heavy,Auto) Revisited

Derek87
12 years ago

a couple weeks back, prior to getting our Bosch DW, i asked for suggestions on which dishwasher cycle i should choose for most cleaning. it seemed that most people suggested Auto.

so up until yesterday, i have had 100% success with our Bosch ranging from lightly soiled plates, to heavily soiled dishes including lots of coffee grinds in my french press, dried on yogurt, misc dried on cheese (parmesean) to plates, etc. it even cleaned up cleanly a skillet with burnt on grease from browning ground beef.

yet, yesterday, in searing some steaks, i was surprised that almost all of the browned grease on the side walls of my skillet were not cleaned off by the Bosch.

in all of the cases thus far, we have successfully been using the Powerball Tabs (Finish) and no water softener after the conclusion that the water we are getting from our provider is currently (varies seasonally) soft (4-5 grains/gal).

anyway, the question is: what was the difference this time. i don't think this was any more soiled or hard to clean (by hand) than the other instance of burnt on ground beef. the only thing i can hypothesize is that maybe everything else was relatively clean so that the "auto mode" didn't work hard enough to clean the skillet?

any experiences out there? next time, i'd try "heavy" to see what happens, but i'd love to hear others' thoughts and experiences.

thanks!

Comments (12)