SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beth

Help! I'm almost afraid to buy a dishwasher.

beth
13 years ago

Our daughter is graduating from college in two weeks and we are buying the DW as a grad gift to ourselves. No more tuition payments.

I have narrowed my choice to either a Bosch SHX68E15UC, or a Miele La Perla. I have been reading and re-reading threads for a long time, and have re-visited them in the past couple of days. I fear I won't be able to figure out what detergent to use, or will have trouble finding it. Fear about salt, softener, tabs. Fear that the dishes will be wet and dirty and the glasses cloudy and etched....

My 35 year old KA was a loud, brown trooper that cleaned and dried beautifully. Sort of mindless to use it.

We have a well with very hard water. I like taking clean, dry dishes from the DW. I guess that I'm afraid I won't be clever enough to work either of the two options, or that they won't work with our water.

I also like the quality of the Miele and BSH products, the energy savings and the quiet. But I don't want to pay $2,000 for dirty dishes and ruined glassware.

Does anyone love the Miele or Bosh that you own? Do you find them not too difficult to use? I don't mind a learning curve, just don't want a total impossibility curve.

Making a decision this week. Thanks for any input you can give.

Comments (35)