SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
enduring

How Do I Put Together a Simple Wall Shower System

enduring
12 years ago

Hello, I have cross posted these questions to the Plumbing forum.

I would like to know a little about putting together a shower system. I am wanting a simple shower with some style. I like the idea of having a wall bar and a movable shower head that runs up and down the bar for different heights. I want the shower head to function as a hand held shower as well, to help with cleaning the shower. I have not determined if I will replace the tub for a tub/shower configuration or make this into a shower only system. This is a daily used BR but is very small - about 5'x7.5'.

I know there has to be some behind the scenes parts and this depends if the water mixes behind the wall or in the exposed fixture. BUT I don't know a whole lot more than that:)

In the bath in question for this post I would like to look into options to use a line of Axor.

1. Can I piece this together out of parts?

2. What parts does one need to install a wall shower with wall bar and tub

filler?

3. What parts are needed for just a wall shower with wall bar an

handshower?

4. Are there other quality showers that are cheaper?

As a side note, I like the Axor Montreux look. And would consider this line for my shower. I might rather use a modern minimalist style for easier cleaning though.

In my larger bathroom I am going to install an Axor Montreux tub filler with handheld shower. There will not be a shower surround, but a cast iron tub.

{{gwi:1395070}}

Thanks for any thoughts or ideas that you can share.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm