SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
melissastar

replacing a Dela jetted shower system...how hard?

melissastar
14 years ago

The previous owners of my "new" old home installed a horrible (at least to me) Delta jetted shower system in a newly renovated bathroom. It is the Victorian shower in "Venetian Bronze", with two body spray jets incorporated into the very large, apparently plastic, valve trim plate. It also has a handheld shower (no slide bar), which is inexplicably chrome. The matching "venetian bronze" sink faucet set irks me everytime I use it, as well, as it is extremely lightweight and small (plastic?)

I'd like to replace all with good quality oil rubbed bronze fixtures...putting simply a nice largish rainshower head on a long arm in the shower plus a handheld on a slide bar. The thing is, I've no idea what goes on BEHIND the valve trim and shower wall and don't know whether what I'm talking about is a relatively simple, mostly on the surface job or one that will require ripping out a goodly portion of the tile wall. I have only a few spare 12 X 12 tiles. Can anyone shed any light on this? And can anyone suggest a good quality, solid oil rubbed bronze faucet and shower set? I like the looks of the Moen Rothbury in the pics I've seen online, but don't know if they are solid metal or also some sort of plastic casing over metal. Any advice on it, would also be appreciated. Thanks

Comment