SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chris_harper2

Advantium 240 OTR vs. below-the-counter 240 built-in?

16 years ago

We are remodeling our kitchen and are trying to decide where to put a 240 Advantium.

We need a high powered vent hood over our cooktop so using the OTR Advantium in an OTR application is out of the question.

We also don't have room for a wall oven cabinet so we basically have two choices. Either install a 240 OTR between our fridge and vent-hood or install a built-in below the counter somewhere, probably in the island.

If we go with the OTR it will have to be to the right of our fridge cabinet and I'm afraid I won't be able to open the Advantium door all the way. It's possible we could mount it below a 33" wall cabinet and offset it a bit for full access.

If we install a built-in under the counter then we supposedly void the warranty (although it seems at least some have done this and had service work done with no trouble) and it is also quite low for daily microwave duties.

Any thoughts?

Also, what other issues do I need to consider when comparing the 240 OTR vs. a 240 built in? I have used the search and read the archives and have to say my head is spinning.

Comments (7)