SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
larsi_gw

Miele La Perla II and salt added for the first time

larsi_gw
13 years ago

In our last two homes 2004-2008 and now 2008-Present...we had a Miele La Perla I. The salt resrvoir was on the door, where other and older Miele units had the salt reservoir on the bottom of the dishwasher, where the main spray arm and filter is.

I did it...I took delivery of a new, 2011 Miele La Perla II. All I can say is wow! It is similar enought to my last La Perla I's to feel comfortable, but new enough to feel like a major upgrade. The way the door automatically opens at the end of a cycle is an amazing and very practical feature & the self closing door is really great (it's just like a Mercedes S-Class or my BMW 750)! :) So cool!

My question is...I hope I did not ruin anything when I added salt for the first time. It's been SO long since I had to add salt, using the provided funnel, on the bottom of the wash machine floor. I just dumped some Miele salt in the reservoir of the Miele La Perla II and ran an Express cycle (formerly Short). Everything worked fine. BUT...then I re-read the manual, it said IMPORTANT: Must add water to the salt reservoir before adding salt for the very first time. Water will not have to be added for future salt additions. I DID NOT add water the first time...I just put Miele salt directly into the salt reservoir!! After I read this, and the cycle was over, I added a few cups of distilled water to the salt reservoir.

I have washed 2 loads of dishes, WOW this machine is near silent, the dishes are totally clean (even baked on cheese and egg came off)....but the glasses were not really spotless. They looked mildly cloudy and the stainless interior of the machine had some white, murky spots here and there (salt?). Too much salt?

As I continue to use the machine, will this salt snafu that I did resolve itself?? The machine looks and works so well, and I do not want to call Miele and tell them what I did. Do you think in a while, the salt will balance out...or have I done something really bad?? I have not even told my spouse...I'd be crucified!! :)

THANK YOU!!!

Comments (13)