SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mjr1_gw

Where to end shower wall tile?

mjr1
14 years ago

Hi, all. IÂm not sure where to end the shower wall tile in relation to the tiled shower curb. We will be using a vertical row of bullnose tiles to make the transition from wall tile to drywall. Also, to the extent it matters, we will be using sliding glass shower doors so the metal frame for the unit will be sitting on top the curb (I suppose in the middle) and running up the sides of the walls where the tiles are.

I need advice (and any pics of what you have done) about the following:

(1) Would it look best to have the bullnose tile end exactly at the outside edge of the shower curb? Or would it be better for it go a little beyond, for example, have the regular tile end at the outside edge of the shower curb and then the bullnose tile (which is 3" wide) extend beyond?

(2) If I have the bullnose tile end at the outside edge of the shower curb, then the grout joint between it and the regular wall tile will likely be running either under the shower door frame or along the edge of the frame inside the shower where caulk will be applied. Is this a big problem in either scenario?

Thanks!

Comment (1)