SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
brittta

All of a sudden I feel like a bad mom!!!

Brittta
19 years ago

Ok, last night I get this phone call... "We need muffins and bake sale-type items for the Grandparents Day concert on Wednesday...yadda yadda". I say SURE! I can make something. Well... while at the store getting stuff to make 2 different kinds of muffins, I saw these buy 1 get one free muffins... the same exact flavor I was going to make, mind you... that looked way bigger and better than mine turn out. Mine are good, but c'mon... these are already made.

I drop them off at school while picking up kid #3 from preschool, and said "I'm a bad mom (except I WAS KIDDING) and bought these instead of made them... sorry!" Know what she said??? "Well, we'll try to make them look homemade. Thanks anyway!"

HUH?????????? So if I would have brought them home, threw them on a platter and wrapped them with my own tinfoil, I would get kudos?? It's not enough that I bought these and am bringing in something instead of NOTHING like some parents??

Uggggg. This really bugs me! Nevermind the fact that (by State of Michigan health codes) we're not allowed to bring in homemade food for snacks at the preschool, but we're allowed to bring the ingredients and use the school kitchen if we want so they can verify the quality control (IE: they don't know how clean we keep our kitchens, but they know how clean there's is).

Maybe I'm just PMSing. Grrrrr.

Comments (38)