SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mom_of_4

it feels like the bad overshadows the good

mom_of_4
16 years ago

So I guess this is more of a "I need to get this off my chest" deal but here goes...

Lately, I have been in a bit of a rut. It seems that no matter what it is, what we are doing, what is going on... etc etc something happens. Some crisis involving the ex and the kids takes over and overshadows any fun or happiness that was being had. And, now more lately because of what is happening with the ex (ie her keeping the kids away from us, severe issues with the way that her bf is treating the kids) I feel like my DH can't find happiness when the kids are not at home and can't do anything else except be on top of them when they are.

I mean... satureday we were at a football party.. no kids... having a great time... fantastic game and then his kids call to say hi and goodnight. The rest of the night was spent with ... what should be do about the kids... lawyer talk... ex talk and well I guess you can get the picture.

Christmas day we found out about A LOT of stuff that had happened with kids and the ex's bf and therefore the rest of that day was shot.

Sunday, which was supposed to be our day to just be me and him and doing a few odd things around the house...he spent the day moping about the house talking about this thing that the ex has done conjecturing about what might happen and so on... then the ex calls and asks for us to keep the kids that night.. His mood immediately changes energetic happy go lucky.

Don't get me wrong I know that this is really hard for him. And I know that everything can't always be hunky dory and sometimes life interrupts plans and all of that...But, I feel like we are letting the ex and her issues consume every moment of our lives. There is no more us ... it is what will happen next with the ex. What new part of our life will she ruin or control. And even in the moments when we did have the kids for a week they were gone one day before they came back and that entire day was spent with a DH with a terrible mood. Now, I find myself almost dreading to go home from work. I am afraid of what might have happened while I was away.. what argument may have been had that will have to be discussed for hours and hours. I love my husband and it's not that I don't want him to talk to me or share his problems... and it's not that I don't understand his pain.. but my biggest fear is coming true and the ex and the problems are taking over our life... and I have no idea what to do anymore. I don't know what to say... I am not even sure if I know how to roll with the punches any more (something I used to be very good at)

I don't know. I feel lost and my body, my mind, my appearance reflect it. Anyways, I know that this is really long but I needed to say something to someone.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations