SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19697693

Ideas for new vanity and linen cabinet

User
11 years ago

Our guest bath has a 36" vanity and a 28.5" linen closet. Originally we planned to replace the vanity with another 36" one, but we can put in a bigger vanity if we remove the hulking linen closet. We really need counterspace and drawers! Also, the door opens opposite the linen closet and they bump each other.

We will probably have a cabinet shop make the vanity, so we'll be able to do a custom size. So, my ideas so far...We can replace the closet with a 2-door 18" linen cabinet that attaches to the vanity, which gives me 10 extra inches to go toward the vanity. We could do a free-standing linen cabinet and separate vanity with feet, which I think is called a furniture look. I saw this in a Kraftmaid brochure. it would lighten up the space. Or we could do a 60" vanity with two hutches that sit on the counter, except that we need deep storage for sheets and pillows too. We have no other linen closet in the house. This would probably be the most expensive option, and might be overkill for a guest bath.

I have no vision for the overall look for the vanity area. The only thing that's certain is Caesarstone Buttermilk countertops. I'll need a tiled backsplash. I will probably use a medium brown stain on maple or alder for the cabinets. The floor tile and walls will be light-colored--no window in the room. The bathroom has a tub with shower curtain, which won't be replaced (the tub, not the curtain).

Thank you for any and all ideas, and photos too, if you have examples!

Comments (32)