SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
homepro01

Feed back on 30" Bluestar Cooktop

homepro01
10 years ago

Hello,
I am interested in reviews from current or past owners of the Bluestar cooktop. The local showrooms only have the 36" RNB ranges hooked up. I did play with the burners and made a stir fry noodle recipe that was really wonderful.
I am replacing a 48" Dacor range-top with sealed burners. The Dacor is a 6 burner unit. I have never used more than 3 burners at one time. I will also be getting a 15" Miele Induction combi unit to go with the cooktop.

I live in an area where we have suffered sustained power loses and my Honda Generator will not run an induction cooktop. That is the reason that I am getting gas and induction. I could not find a15" or even 24" single burner gas cooktop that was an open burner, I think Viking has a wok burner but it is for external use.

I looked at the 24" or 30" Bluestar range-top but the $1500 price difference from the cooktop gave me pause. For the price of a Bluestar 24" range-top ($2899), I could have a 30" cooktop ($1499)and a Miele induction unit ($1219) with a little change to purchase the wok ring($100) for the cooktop.

Apart from having to use the wok ring on the cooktop and a little more involved cleaning process, am I missing something? With the 30" cooktop, I have two 22k burners which is more than sufficient for my needs. I cook daily and 95% of the food I eat is prepared from base ingredients by me. The cooktop will be used for stir fries, curries, soups, raising beef, risotto and many other meals that I make regularly. I don't fry a lot anymore mainly because of the cost of oil.

Thanks for your help!
Homepro01

Comments (14)