SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynn_r_ct

Pray for me and my butt ugly bathroom

lynn_r_ct
14 years ago

I just noticed an ad for a FREE Bathroom Makeover for the ugliest bathroom around. Of course I think that I have already won this hands down but a little extra help can't hurt!

This is the "girl's" bathroom that my daughter and I use and since we moved here 10 yrs ago into our 1974 house. It has always been on the redo list - 70's gold tiles all over the place yuck. I had started to make some small changes - changed out the toilet and sink for white. Bought a new vanity and light, but I definately was going the cheap route and it shows and I am still a very long way from pretty.

Then the disaster - 2 yrs ago I realized that the tub was WAY over do to be recaulked and I got the tool and started stripping the old caulk out and about twenty tiles fell in my hands. The sheetrock (plain stuff they used then) was all moldy and fell apart. Of course the mold is all over the walls and behind the tub and is a real mess. So, dear hubby is totally PO'd that I let it get like this and refuses to fix it. My only choice was to get a sheet of real thick plastic, remove all the handles to the faucets and all and hold everything together with duck tape.

Did I say this was 2 years ago??? He wants me to fix it myself - I don't know how to remove a cast iron tub and wouldn't even know where to begin to know how to replace all the sheetrock so here I am with mismatched pieces, ugly gold tile on the floor and up the walls, and a shower and tub held together with duck tape and plastic. Oh and did I mention the wallpaper that is coming down because there is no exhaust?

So am I a shoe in or what???

Comments (6)