SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
losfelizgirl

Help me with my nightmare bathroom!

Los Feliz Girl
5 years ago

We have this tiny little interior bathroom with no windows, low ceilings (7ft), a door that leads to the garage and tile that resembles that fake skin color of a bandaid w/ filthy grout! Yay!!

It's super dark and dingy and just blah. The house is a mid century modern in downtown Palm Springs. The rest of the house is open and nice and brightened decorated in a mid-century fashion. If I could afford it I would rip out the current tile and get rid of thank clunky shower curb, lower the drain and do a walk in shower but we can't afford to do that right now.

This is what I am doing to it so far to help brighten it up:

1) Wall up that door to the garage!

It's the door on the right if you are looking at the pic w/ the dog in it. The door to the left goes into a walk in closet.

2) Installing a 10" Solatube skylight in the ceiling centered over the shower. The Solatube will also house a 100 watt bulb for night time

3)Installing another 10" Solatube skylight in the ceiling centered over the main part of the bathroom. The Solatube will also house a 100 watt bulb for night time

4) High-pressure rotary clean the tile on the floor and in the shower and pray I can stand it more when it's clean and we have daylight in the bathroom!!

5) Replace the frameless glass shower door with a clear flameless one. The one that is up right now looks like it has a green tint to it and makes the shower look mossy. Yuck.

This is what I need help with--

1) I want to change out the shower floor tile.

I want something clean and simple, no crazy patterns.

Anything to help that floor. I'm open to all ideas. What ya got?

2) Paint.

I wanna go as bright as I can. The rest of the house is cotton ball white and would like to repaint the bathroom in the same color . Currently the bathroom is painted in more of a cream almost beige color mixed with it being dirty.

3) Anybody have any ideas about using mirrors?

4) The shower head fixture looks like a robot to me! Looking for something clean and simple.

Any ideas?

Ok...that's it!! Any other ideas you have, I'm all ears!!

Comments (43)