SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
valiumplz

3 mentally ill roommates and a baby, what to do?

valiumplz
10 years ago

I live in a small 1 bedroom apartment with 2 other guys (bunk beds and floor matress rotation) Were all pretty mental, so there are conflicts from time to time. All of us are unemployed and unemployable, so were stuck together in this apartment all day every day.
41 year old Roommate a is an all day alcoholic and has severe anxiety and bipolar disorder. He has several seizures a day, which can get annoying if youre trying to watch tv or something. He performs his own blood tests or something, he will fill a vial with his own blood, tie string to the vial, then spin it around in the air, then he examines it under a microscope. He does this every day, I really have no idea what hes looking for or even if he really has any idea what hes doing. Im not even sure its safe to take blood as often ad he does, although he takes small amounts. He has all sorts of other medical equipment, blood pressure monitor, oxygen monitor, 3 stethoscopes, glucose monitor, even his own holter monitor, which he wears all day, covered in electrodes. other than the seizures, hes totally healthy too, watching his body work is just like a hobby to him. Hes divorced and horribly insecure and needy. He gets verbally abusive when hes drunk.
20 year old roommate b, he is a space cadet. He makes tons of mess which he refuses to clean and showers once a week. He can be rude and selfish, and will basically ignore you all day. He has a 3 year old daughter that stays here on weekends who he pays no attention to. Hes really aloof and kind of a loser to be honest. He reminds me a bit of dylan, brians son in that episode of family guy. He has occasional anger outbursts but just keeps to himself most of the day refusing to talk to anyone. He also grows weed in the bathroom, which both me and the other roommate are okay with, but it might be a legal issue if he gets busted.
T be honest i have some significant mental health issues and drug habits that probably dont make me any easier to live with than these guys. Im also a bit of a hoarder, so our small space is pretty cluttered. We live together because no one else will tolerate us and we cant afford to live alone. All of us are unemployed and unemployable, so were stuck together in a small apartment 24/7, and we all really resent each other, there is alot of drama and conflict between all of us. B's daughter is a little neglected when she comes over because everyone is either high or going mental, but we all pick up slack to make sure shes fed and stuff. Also, the apartment has virtually no furniture other than the bunk beds in the bedroom, so everything is kind of on the floor.
So uum, rant over i guess. Do you have any advice?

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
Average rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars233 Reviews
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
More Discussions