SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chatmac

2 Eggs No sign of pair for four days..=(

chatmac
12 years ago

I am new here and also completely new to bluebirds, although not new to watching other birds raise their families. We noticed a week ago when we would open our door to leave there was a pair of bluebirds under our shelter. They never fly very far while we are out in our pool etc. I am surprised they built their nest right where we are most active. On Monday, after much watching, I finally found where they were nesting. I was able to get a picture on Tues of two beautiful blue eggs. We've not seen the pair since. I am wondering if the fireworks we had on Sunday may have scared off the pair. The eggs have been untouched and have not moved in position since the Tues. picture. I do not know when they were laid. Should I just leave it all untouched and hope they return. I have seen what we believe are House Sparrows and have learned by searching how dangerous they are to bluebirds. I have seen them close to our shelter, but no sign of them building or being what I would call close to the nesting site, but I can't be sure of course. The eggs look in tact and again undisturbed. If the house sparrows had gotten to them, I am sure we'd know. Right? Do we just wait and hope the bluebird pair comes back? It's amazing how in just three or four days, we got used to easing our door open as not to disturb the pair and now there is just no sign of them.

Image link:

Comments (2)