SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
koke_gw

3Babies-1egg-Day 15 of Incubation-Any Hope for the last egg??

koke
15 years ago

Well, it is Day 15 of the Incubation Period and I have 3 Babies and 1 egg.I have a WebCam so I watch alot,In fact,as I am typing this post,I am watching Mama Blue sitting on her babies and that 1 egg.I will start at the beginning...Her 1st clutch (she lays white eggs),there were 5 eggs and somehow with all the watching we did,we missed the disappearance of 1 egg.It seems like the same situation again.So, we do not know when or how that 1 egg got removed from the nest.From all the videos,we believe it was within 2 or 3 days that we didn't see that egg after the other 4 hatched.Now,with this brood, she laid 4 white eggs and as of this morning she has 3 babies and still that 1 egg.Is there any hope that the last egg will still hatch? The other 3 babies are moving all around,flopping sometimes on top of the egg and then we think its gone but as we watch we can see that they are laying on it.So,will Mama remove it and how and when?Will she keep incubate it and for how long before she gives up?Should we remove it,if so, when?I know my bluebird friends will give me some sound advice and help...Thanks in advance.....Koke

Comments (3)