SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
trishaintx

too late for another brood?

trishaintx
13 years ago

Hello. I am new to this forum. I have been trying to successfully attract bb's for 4 years. One year several years ago a pair built a nest but their eggs were broken and on the ground. I presume sparrows did it because we do not have house wrens nest in north Texas. I bought a sparrow spooker after that but the pair never returned. They have flown thru the yard during the years and visited me in the winter time. Last year I had a male come and sit on my rocker on my patio begging for meal worms. He was spoiled I fed him every day, but he never found a mate.

I have 21 pr of purple martins this year so I'm sure that has kept them from building in my back yard. I started with 2 pair 4 years ago. I moved one of the bb houses to my front yard this winter and finally yesterday I have a pair checking it out. Is it too late in Texas for this pair to have another brood? If so, at least they have found the house and maybe next year they will be back.

I have studied the SIALIS website thoroughly and love all the information on that site. I do trap sparrows and starlings. All my martin houses/gourds are starling proof.

Any advice you can give will be appreciated.

Trisha

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Premier Interior Designer | 2x Best of Houzz Winner!