SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nettasaura

DISCUSSION: Host/Hostess Ettiquette

nettasaura
17 years ago

So what do we consider good ettiquette when we find we are having problems within our Robin & Swaps.

Swaps aren't much of a problem because if a player doesn't send in their package, they get nothing back.

Exchanges are worse because one person may have invested the time and money into their package only to get nothing back.

Robins are the worst because there are so many people looking forward to them only to have their hopes crushed when the Robin disappears into thin air.

As a newbie Hostess, I was wondering what would be considered appropriate courses of action to follow if you find you are being "had", most especially if you find out in time to prevent the problem. This is not something that has been allowed for in the "GW rules" because like most people we would like to believe the best of everybody.

Lately there have been an alarming number of Round Robins that have gone missing and Exchanges where one partner or another never followed through....I know because I have been lurking through threads.

So in short what are suggestions from other hosts for appropriate "courses of action", that will keep us within the GW rules and that will keep the boards a pleasant playing environment for all concerned. On a personal note, I cannot afford to be sending out new Robins once a week (not that I have had to yet), just because "game traders" keep making off with the packages.

A little advice would be well appreciated.

Netta

Comments (2)