SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
paulsiu

Chickadee's are back!

paulsiu
14 years ago

Chickadees have been absent from my feeder of late. After I installed a DIY magic halo, the house sparrows went away. shortly afterwards, the Chickadee's came back. I think they were not fond being swamped. Hell, the house sparrows can swarm a cardinal off the feeder.

The Chickadees are chiefly the reason I got into bird feeding in the first place. When I first put up a feeder, no one came for a long time. One day, a tiny bird appeared and ate out of the feeder. I have never seen a Chickadee before. I used to live in the city, so all I got were pigeons and house sparrows.

Initially, I thought Chickadee were timid, because they only stay on the feeder for a brief second. Now I realize that Chickadees are probably the boldest of birds. When I am loading the feeder, most of birds flew away, but I often see a chickadee or two munching away in a feeder nearby. They only seemed timid initially because they are so fast. they come in grab the seed and then run off. Unlike a lot of birds, they seem polite because they only take one seed at a time (though they make a lot of return trips).

I love how acrobatic they are, they easily zoom through the hoop. While I am not fond of their lord chirps, I am impressed by how loud they can be for such a tiny bird, so I salute you Chickadee, one the smallest yet one of the boldest birds.

Paul

Comments (4)